We are a growing organization and our services are needed in the community. In order to execute our mission of improving heart health through fitness, we need volunteers as well as expert staff. Currently we operate on short term contracts, so if you have the availability, experience, and the necessary certifications, we would love to hear from you! We are looking for Fitness instructors as well as a Grant Writer.
1. Fitness Instructor
We are currently looking to hire 2 part time fitness instructors. We want to establish a long term relationship and grow together!
- Deliver highest quality of service to our members in each class.
Greet and welcome all participants each class.
Adhere to the description of the Fight For Hearts class and understand progression and regressions of each exercise.
- Take attendance (where applicable).
Comply with all of Fight For Hearts policies and procedures.
This position will report to the fitness director.
Focus on safety.
Ensure class begins and ends on time.
Flexibility with scheduling.
Use of Fight For Hearts fitness equipment, which must be inspected pre/post workouts for safety and functionality.
Work with wide variety of fitness levels/experience levels/and backgrounds.
Chance to grow with a young organization and make an impact in the community.
Must possess a current Fitness Certification or a degree in a related field (Certified Personal Trainer etc.).
Have experience teaching Fitness classes.
Must possess and maintain current CPR/AED certification.
Knowledge of basic heart health is a plus (not required).
Must be eager to learn and continue professional development and education.
Must be friendly and vibrant, as well as enthusiastic and passionate!
Background in group fitness or bootcamp instruction a plus.
Must have access to regular email and phone communication.
Must have dependable transportation.
2. Grant Writer
We are currently looking for a grant writer to work with and develop a long term relationship. We are in the first year of operation and looking to add an experienced person to the team. We are looking to contract on per grant basis.
- Attend companies funding meeting to learn about the needs of the organization, and help identify potential sources of funding.
- Obtaining program information and data for grant proposals.
- Lead the full grant cycle, from conducting initial research, submitting the application, follow ups, progress reports, and final close out reports.
- Cultivate relationships with new, current, and lapsed funders.
- Conduct research on prospective foundation, corporate and other sources of funding.
- Research potential sponsorship/partnership opportunities.
- Knowledge of best practices in development and fundraising within the non-profit sector preferred.
- Familiarity/experience with the health (heart health) funding process desirable and strongly preferred.
- Previous grant-writing experience (2+ years preferred).